Is outdated technology equipment occupying valuable space in your office? Allow the seasoned professionals at State 48 Solutions to expertly manage the recycling of your aging tech assets, guaranteeing the meticulous removal of all personal data.
Technology We Recycle
- Cell Phones
- Laptops and Computers
- Printers and Scanners
- Game Consoles
- Cables and Chargers
- Hard Drives
- Keyboards and Mice
- Networking Equipment
State 48 Solutions Data Security Procedure
- SATA Hard Drives:
- Complimentary drive-wipe (1x) will be performed upon request for all SATA hard drives.
- PATA Hard Drives (80GB or Larger):
- A complimentary drive-wipe (1x) will be conducted on all PATA hard drives with a storage capacity of 80GB or greater.
- Smaller Hard Drives (Less than 40GB):
- Secure disposal will be ensured by destroying older, smaller hard drives. This will be achieved by drilling a hole in the disk area on hard drives with a capacity smaller than 40GB.
The Importance of Deleting Old Data before Recycling
- Data Security:
- Prevent Unauthorized Access: Deleting data ensures that sensitive information, such as personal details, financial records, and proprietary business data, is not accessible by unauthorized individuals.
- Identity Protection: Proper data deletion safeguards against identity theft and the misuse of personal information that could be exploited if the device falls into the wrong hands.
- Legal Compliance:
- Privacy Regulations: Adhering to data protection laws and regulations is crucial. Deleting old data before recycling helps organizations comply with privacy laws that require the secure disposal of sensitive information.
- Environmental Responsibility:
- Facilitating Recycling: Devices that are free of personal data can be safely sent to recycling facilities without risk of data breaches. This encourages individuals and businesses to participate in e-waste recycling programs, contributing to environmental sustainability.